What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes 'pay it forward' giveaway!

A big thank you to Whimgrinder for recent giveaways! and other generous members for their giveaways! I am in line to 'pay it forward'. I have for your consideration: 3 common Nepenthes to give away. I got these in a recent trade, two are labeled as N. alata, and one as N. ventrata, but I'm unsure of the accuracy of the labels as they are just starting to pitcher. While these are common and easily acquired I hope they are worth something to some beginners or perhaps they could be given as a gift to unsuspecting friends and relatives??

The larger plants will fit in a medium flat rate box ($12.35), and the smallest might fit in a small flat rate box ($5.80). Winners pay for shipping via paypal. Shipped 'bare-root' (wrapped in LFS), bagged, and labelled.

***These are first offered to anyone with something else to 'pay it forward' immediately.***
Offers will be approved through this thread. Any remaining plants will be given away via random drawing on Monday May 12th. I want to mail out Teusday May 13th.

So sign up (if you having nothing to offer):
etc...

IMG_20140502_140319228.jpg

1) Tacks - This is as good a way as any to get into Nepenthes! Thanks :) I've got giveaway material too.

Last edited:
great giveaway......nice looking set up,is that a fountain?

1) Tacks - This is as good a way as any to get into Nepenthes! Thanks I've got giveaway material too.
2) Victoria - I have sundew and Nepenthes seedlings I am wanting to grow larger before offering them but will have lots to give in the future, not sure if that counts or not.

Awesome offer and very generous of you!

Happy growing;
Victoria

1) Tacks - This is as good a way as any to get into Nepenthes! Thanks I've got giveaway material too.
2) Victoria - I have sundew and Nepenthes seedlings I am wanting to grow larger before offering them but will have lots to give in the future, not sure if that counts or not.
3) savagegarden - This is awesome! I have d. alba seeds that are drying out that I want to giveaway.

great giveaway......nice looking set up,is that a fountain?

Sort of, it's a ~130g pond, with tilapia and those little planters are hydroponic... small scale aquaponics, it's been fun.

Good odds for those that have signed up for the drawing tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm just going to call it now, the three who signed up are the three winners!
1) Tacks
2) Victoria
3) savagegarden

I will pm you right now.

Also, this will be essentially first come first served, mainly for the smallest plant which I think will fit in a small rate flat box for $5.80

Back