What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes glabrata

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
I would like to hear how folks grow this species especially temperatures. Would this species acclimate to temperatures remaining in the 70s (70-80 night:day) or would it have to have cooler nights to be healthy? What are some preferred soil mixes? I've seen some really cool photos floating around of this small beautiful plant and I've read growers describing it as an easy highlander. What are your opinions on this?

I grow it as a windowsill plant with 80-85 temps in the day and about mid 60's at night. I don't know if it helps but I live in so. cal

It needs a temp drop... as many highlands appreciate.

I grew one of these under conditions similar to what you describe for about 3 months. It grew quickly and seemed healthy, except that its pitchers were very short lived.

So it needs to get down to 60 at night to continue producing healthy pitchers most likely.

Yes. if possible try to get it into the 50s if possible, highlanders like it in the mid 50s at night. though imagine 60 will be fine.

Back