What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes bicalcarata

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I thought I would share my newest urn on my N. bical.

N_bical_red_urn.jpg

N_bical_red_fangs.jpg

A bit on the gooey side.

N_bical_red_large_urn.jpg

Awesome N. Bicalcarata pitcher u got there.
smile.gif

Wow,How'd you get yours so nice and red so far my best pitcher only has some red under the lips, then again it's only 3 weeks old, but still I need a peristome like that.

I received this plant as a rooted cutting on 9/12/2002. I guess you can say it just had its one year anniversary in my care. The plant was producing mature pitchers when purchased.

Here is a picture of one of the pitchers that was on the plant when it arrived. Yes, it was just potted up and this urn is much smaller.

NepBicalRedUrnCloseup.jpg

This urn has long been removed from the plant.

hehe u mean 2002 sillie hehe.
wink.gif
i really love the red variation, and i thought the more typical ones were breath-taking!!! wow how the plant has changed not to mention how much your photography has inproved.
biggrin.gif
keep em commin nick!!
XdouglasX

A better camera is always a plus. I went from a less than 1MP Epson 650 to a 4MP Nikon Coolpix 4300.

Hi Nick,
Great plant! Is it normal for the "fangs" to be at that angle? It looks like that pitcher has bucked teeth!
biggrin.gif
I've only ever seen them where the fangs point straight or nearly-straight down.

Wow! Breathtaking!
wow.gif
Another reason why its one of everyones favorites!
biggrin.gif
A perfect balance between beauty and evil
wink.gif

I am not sure why mine do not point downwards. The pitchers that were on the plant when I got it either had the fangs broken off or pointed outward and not down. Perhaps variant or the parent plant is not a pure bical.

hey Nick, how do you get yours to goo? i havnt seen any "goo" on mine in ,.. i dont think ihave at all

and you have a pitcher that when you RECEIVED IT? JESUS!!!!!

i only have 3 pithcerso n mine, i am interested to know ur conditions

I think the goo may be overproduction of nectar, but I have no idea I've never had mine like that.

Mine only has one pitcher and one developing. the ones that were on it were struck by black spot.

Back