What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes art

Rokosauros

Edward
Out of sheer boredom, I drew and sketched two pictures of neps using only a pencil in school today. Took around 15-20 minutes per picture.

002-1.jpg

Nepenthes edwardsiana. I don't think I got the proportion right and I have forgotten how the lid was :-))

003-4.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii. I think I got the stripes a little too exaggerated, but hey? It doesn't hurt to dream :-D

I've never excelled at art, so this is a.....surprise for me. Even though I drew it. :blush:

They're really good considering the time frame and that you didn't do them from obeservation! I fail at drawing from my head- it's observation or nothing with me! The veitchii one is my fave :)

Woah, they are amazing!
You sketched them in school today... you have school in the early morning?!

yes awgaupp, I have school in the morning. From 7.30-2.15. My school is soon gonna have their annual concert so currently, we are all busy preparing and practising. It's gonna be the "Sound of Music" :-)) thats why I drew the pics...

That is amazing! My "doodles" are stick figures, not full blown scientific sketches! That is really, really impressive!

yes awgaupp, I have school in the morning. From 7.30-2.15. My school is soon gonna have their annual concert so currently, we are all busy preparing and practising. It's gonna be the "Sound of Music" :-)) thats why I drew the pics...

Oh wait, you're in Malaysia... I'm in US... that explains my stupidity!

Back