What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep seed question.

I just planted some new Nep seend in a couple deli cups. I drilled some hole in the bottum and placet some orchid bark at the bottom for drainage. On top of that I put some chopped LFS. what I need to know is should I put a hole in the lid for ventilation or no?

I would entirely avoid the lid and place the cups in small ziplock bags with some ventilation. It is far too easy to get mold to spread without air exchange; and Nepenthes seeds were likely to be covered with mold spores . . .

I would recommend some ventilation too. I use humidity domes with a good amount of air space inside and some small ventilation holes on top. I also open them up every morning and spray the seeds with water to try to keep the moisture level as consistent as possible and to exchange the air. This method has worked very well for me - the only seeds that grow fungus were dead to start with and it never spreads.

Thanks for the tips guys. This is my first time with Nep seeds. I do open them every night I get home and give the a spray. I will move them to a dome when I get home tomorrow night.

Back