What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nep sale for forum members only

Your temperatures are ideal for N. 'Miranda'. We find potting the two plants up individually actually stimulates more growth, especially ground shoots. Gently remove some of the peat from the root ball and move into a bigger pot. Use a somewhat peaty mix, as this is what the plants are accustomed to growing in. I take our regular Nep mix and add 50 percent more peat. Another good recipe is to use the Home Depot Phalaenopsis Mix and mix it 50/50 with Lambert Canadian Sphagnum Peat.
A word of warning- N. Miranda is a large grower, with leaves over two feet long and pitchers up to a foot long.

Trent

wow that big huh? dont know if ill have room for more than one of these monsters. i had decided after about 2 hours of searching that it must have been mislabeled but i guess i was wrong. ill take a pic once a pitcher matures. someone on here should be able to tell me for sure what it is from a lower pitcher right? well ill go ahead and seperate them sometime this week and let them go wild over the winter and prolly trade one off this spring . thanks for the info.

Sheridan S.:p

Yes, N. Miranda is a very large hybrid. Just take a look at mine below.

NxMixta.JPG

Is a N. Miranda a lowlander or a highland?

With it's association with N. x mixta involved in the cross I would say it's more of an intermediate but due to people's observations with having a great deal of time with this plant it is obviosly happy where ever you may happen to put it. Like Trent stated earlier in another topic, the hybrid cross can be viewed as 1/4 N. northiana 3/4 N. maxima. So it shuld be more of a tolerant plant in any condition.

Back