What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep propogation setup

Had the camera out and about so thought I'd snap a quick shot of my newly built setup for propagating Nepenthes seed.

NepProp.jpg

Basically it's a MDF box with 2x dual heat mats and twin 38W fluoros.

Left heat pad currently has some of Steve’s N. ventricosa (red x green) seed, so is set up for HL conditions.  The heat mat set to about 26C and is on the same timer as the lights, so 14 hours light/heat per day.  Nights get down to about 15C right now so just fine.

The right heat pad has N. ampullaria (spotted) on the left and N. mirabilis (green) on the right.  I adjust the temp manually morning and night for about 32C day and 26C night.

I was in a rush to get it running as the seed was all waiting, so I still have to add the reflective film to the  inside and build a bench for the unit.  Eventually it'll be down under my house where I'll have better control of night temps through the coming summer.

Oh!... and PLEASE excuse the pink walls!!!!!  Been in the new house 8 months and still have not got around to repainting.  Pink... YUCK
smile_t_32.gif

Aaron.

Very nice setup! I see you like those pmp handled sprayers like me:) And your wall color isn`t bad,I kinda like it,at least it isn`t pastel pink*yuck*.!

Back