What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep pics

• Thread starter Stanhopea
  • Start date
This is my first time posting pics, so I don't know if this will work

{img}[hdpixel.com]/[lin]/[nepenthes truncata].jpg{/img}

N.truncata

nepenthes%20truncata.jpg

I tried all sorts of permutations of that URL, and none of them worked. Did you upload the pic to hdpixel.com, in the directory "lin"?

You need to specify an image with square brackets, not curly braces. Like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{img}http://hdpixel.com/lin/nepenthes%20truncata.jpg{/img}[/QUOTE], but with square brackets instead of curly. It's better to not put spaces in the name if you're going to post it here, or to use a %20 to represent the space.

I read the thread on posting pics, but I'm still not sure on some things. Are square brackets these?[] and do you put the image link in the message or where you link websites? I hope this message is clear enough to understand

when you upload the picture..

use the button provided above the RESPONSE box..

the one that says IMAGE..

once you click it a little window pops up asking for a url..

then type in the url location fo the photo.
you need a host to upload it too.

then when it does the code.. it looks like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
mypichere.jpg
[/QUOTE]

is this one yours? that you were trying to show?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.hdpixel.com/gallery/data/3376/566Web_DSCF02441.jpg[/QUOTE]

566Web_DSCF02441.jpg

If so, then he posted your picrure. Kinda cool. I wonder if i can do it too.
566Web_DSCF02441.jpg

Hey Nep Master, If possible could you try to only post when you have something meaningful to the discussion to say. You seem to have the tendency to post a lot of post and many of them are one word posts. I belive there was a thread a little while ago where you posted 4 posts in a row and 2 where one word posts. It makes everyone else read through spam to get to the actual discussion. Atleast make an attempt. Thanks

Craig

Okay Craig, i just think it's kinda funny that i can post someone else's pictures and not my own.

If that was the picture he was trying to show, then it is not a N. truncata (he labeled it that didn't he?). Maybe a truncata x ventricosa hybrid? Or possibly just a form i haven't seen yet, if it has heart shaped leaves then it is at least a hybrid of truncata, but i think they don't retain that shape when they get older. I'm pretty sure there is truncata in it though.

Technically it's not posting a photo. Just making a link to a photo already on a webserver and making it show up in the body of the message here.

It is a N. truncata x ventricosa.I was trying to post a N. truncata.

Have to agree with Craig.
A lot of people seem to post just to raise their post count. Which is quite stupid if you ask me...
If you want to add something after you’ve posted you can EDIT your previous post.
cool.gif

Anyway, Stan, if that's your picture I really like it!
laugh.gif

I hope this works.
566Web_DSCF02381.jpg

N. veitchii highland striped x lowland pink

566Web_DSCF02451.jpg

N. northiana

Back