What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep id

• Thread starter moonflower
  • Start date
also in the nep forum but i figured i'd try here too...

nepenthes_pitcher002.jpg

nepenthes5-05.jpg

the tops have little spikies all over them too, if that helps (highly scientific, i know ;) )

thanx!

Little young to tell yet, but most likely a ventrata.

Looks pretty darn similar to my N. tobaica... But that's just me.

EST, you will find that there are many neps that look similar as jeuveniles. tobaica, ventricosa, ventrata, several others. It's tough to tell with young'uns.

Est, where did you get your tobaica? There is a plant labled as such floating around that is a ventricosa hybrid....

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]EST, you will find that there are many neps that look similar as jeuveniles.

Of course, just saying that I have a plant that looks right about identical- the lids were even doing the part way closing thing for a while, too. But, as you said, time will tell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Est, where did you get your tobaica? There is a plant labled as such floating around that is a ventricosa hybrid....

I won it in the last NASC auction from PAK. It's still young, too, so it's possible that it could be mislabeled, I suppose. Furthermore, I'm not sure where she got it from, I'll keep an eye on it as it continues to mature.

That's identical to one I have from Lowes. Adorable, tiny, pitchers.

I have a bunch of those Neps from Lowe's and Home Depot. So far they've been putting out pitchers that closely resemble that of N. ventricosa. Who knows though, since my plants aren't much older than yours.

Same as Mitch, only the panel of experts have deemed them to be 'ventrata'. I dunno.

AF001301.jpg

AF001401.jpg

I would say the second picture is a Judith Finn.

Cheers,

Joe

I agree with The Griffin on the second picture. I think the first pic. is N. ventricosa.

Jim, second pic is definitely an N. x 'Judith Finn', or something crossed with N. spathulata.

-Ben

Most deffinately N. Ventrata Jimscott on the first one.

N. Judith Finn is a good guess for the second. Agristarts produced quite a few of them at one time.

Tony

Thank you!
smile.gif

Back