What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep id

This plant was labled N. tobaica but I'm not sure if it is. It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen on line.

Toba1.jpg

Toba Leaf Spot.jpg

Should I be concerned abput the spots on the leaves?

Thanks

Hmmm. It does look very tobaica-ish, however I would like to see a pic of the whole plant, if you could.

I wasn't thinking when I took the pictures. If I was I would have taken one of the whole plant! I will post again when I can borrow the digital camera from work. I haven't gone digital yet, I'm still using 35mm and my scanner is not working.

On another forum someone suggested this plant was perhaps N. tobaica x N. ventricosa. I have suspected that there may be some vetricosa in its lineage based on the shape of the peristome.

Any other opinions?

Does look a little N. ventricosa-ish in a way.

Were the spots on the leaves there when you got the plant and are you seeing more now? Are they appearing on new leaves as they mature? It is a concern but it would be more of a concern if it appears the condition is getting worse and continuing to spread to younger leaves as they mature.
Tony

Hi Tony,

I don't believe the spots were there when I got the plant. They are mature leaves not young ones. The leaf in the photo is the worst. Some of the older leaves have spots but not as many. I had a serious white fly infestation (great Ping food) but never noticed any on my Neps, I'm hoping the plant wasn't infected with a virus of some sort! All of my other Neps are doing great.

Back