What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep ID

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
Due to my mentioning my interest in CPs I recently was tasked with the care of a Nep at the pond center I'm working at. It grows in definite lowland conditions, daytime highs have been up to 90F, and one morning I came in at 7 and the greenhouse temp was 85F. The plant is doing pretty well I guess, starting to grow a few pitchers. But a couple days ago I was asked by a customer what kind it was, and had not the faintest idea. I'd like to avoid that in the future. Help!

Attachments

• nep1.jpg
    nep1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 59
  • nep2.jpg
    nep2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 55
I've seen a plant very similar to this at my local garden center but it was unlabeled. If I had to guess, I would say its probably N. x miranda.

Almost certainly N. x 'Miranda'.

Looks like x 'Miranda' John.

Thanks all! I hate not being able to answer a question I should be able to answer.........

Isn't there a general term for nepenthes crosses of unknown origin?

Isn't there a general term for nepenthes crosses of unknown origin?

"Poi dog" is the affectionate term. I just use "NOID" on my tags. This would normally be the appropriate thing to do with a mystery nepenthes, but since there are a billion Mirandas out there and they're the only nepenthes (besides Ventrata) available to the non-hobbyist, it's a pretty safe guess.

...there are a billion Mirandas out there and they're the only nepenthes (besides Ventrata) available to the non-hobbyist...

No kidding. Those two are the ONLY Nepenthes I've ever seen when at garden centers, and believe me, I've been to a lot of those.

Last edited:
Back