What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nep help

about how long will it take this two neps to get to flower stage? if you can not tell about how long will it take? the plant store tould me it could take 2 years is that right

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1952-1.jpg

thank you for the help

It's gonna be quite a long time, 2 years is severely optimistic. Plenty of time to stock your collection with more neps if you want to try your hand at hybrids.

about how long will it take this two neps to get to flower stage? if you can not tell about how long will it take? the plant store tould me it could take 2 years is that right

Depending upon the species, some Nepenthes (especially some highlanders -- N. hamata, macrophylla, rajah, villosa, etc) could take upwards of seven to ten years to reach reproductive maturity. Without knowing the species or how old the plants in question are, I would have to agree with DrWurm that two years to flowering is highly optimistic, if not a fantasy on the dealer's part . . .

I have neps that are over 3 years old and have never flowered. I have yet to see a nep flower from my collection. I wouldn't worry about flowers, they are very plain and you need a male and female nep to get seed.
peace,
Zero

Hey! Another Ohio-an!
Yeah, I was lucky when my N.Velvet cutting flowered. I would agree that 2 years for a plant that small is very optimistic. Why do you want a flower?

Hard to say without knowing the species. It is possible but very optumistic for flowering in 2 years, possible for some vigorous growers ie ventrata, raff, ventricosa etc... But why do you want a flower, they are not very attractive and unless you have a male and female flower ( 2 separate plants ) you cannot produce seed.

They look like ventratas, I'd say 3 or so years. But the flowers are boring, as said before.

o thank you all for the help i just wanted to see the flowers for the store tould me that was a really nice thing to see but i guess that they was wrong thank again for all the help

yeah just google nep flowers...they arent too impressive....just a ton of little flowers on a stem.

and the smell is terrible.

Back