What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep fertilizing guestion

tje25

Plant Addict!!
Has anyone used this stuff? I picked it up today at the hydro store, He said it was the most gentle seaweed fert he carried. Thanks in advance for the advise.

DSC02948.jpg

it is not balanced.
I use Maxsea with great results. Foliar feed and watered in to the root zone about once every two months.
I have used GH brand for about 9 years non-stop for my other crop.... but not for my CP's
I think the mineral salts which most of the hydro nutes are comprised of, will be detrimental to the longterm health of your CP's due to salt buildup. Unless you can flush your CP's regularly to eliminate the salt's.

it is not balanced.
I use Maxsea with great results. Foliar feed and watered in to the root zone about once every two months.
I have used GH brand for about 9 years non-stop for my other crop.... but not for my CP's
I think the mineral salts which most of the hydro nutes are comprised of, will be detrimental to the longterm health of your CP's due to salt buildup. Unless you can flush your CP's regularly to eliminate the salt's.

Thanks for the reply, Maxsea is what i originally set out to get but they dont carry it at my local store. From what I can tell Bio-weed is just seaweed that has be frozen then crushed into whats in the bottle. (and thats what the contents of the bottle look like too) So I dont know if It has many mineral salts.

With further research I think I've decided not to use it since it isn't a "complete" Fertilizer and is only an additive.

Thanks for the advise and if you guys have anymore input I'm open to it.

Back