What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have the following available to a good home:

1) N. ventricosa, small plant with 3 growth points; grown in intermediate conditions. Got this plant as a rescue 2 years ago; nothing special; just getting overgrown. Has numerous small pitchers.

2) N sanguinea "Orange" Very nice plant with numerous pitchers. Large plant 14" leaf tip to tip. Been growing in highland conditions for the last 2 years. This plant is getting very large in my highland grow chamber and I need more space for repots of my rarer plants.

3) N. "black beauty" ( ramispina X sanguinea) About a 18" vine and getting larger. Will need lots of space. Is in a 4-1/2" pot now but needs a repot. Currently has several pitchers and one forming. Very nice plant, and really do not want to let go but need space to repot a rajah, hamata, and trusmadiensis in my highland grow chamber. Plant is grown in highland conditions.

4) Finally I will have two large N. ventrata "Japanese Red" vines I need to cut. They are nice and may even have pitchers. Ask SirKristoff as I sent him one last year; Very easy to root/a foolproof nep great for beginners. These are large cuttings and can probably make many cuttings or just plant whole vine.

These plant are available to a good home for shipping only. I will determine who gets what especially the "black beauty". Again # 2 & 3 above are large plants and will need space. Please PM me if interested. I have been lurking on this board for some time and know the good growers.

Thanks again,

David E. MacDonald Jr.

That black beauty sounds interesting. If it's still up I would appreciate that. If it's so big why not just divide it more?

Pm'ed you David! :)

Warmest Regards and Happy Growing,
-Jc
Miami, Florida

Hey Macamus,

I am interested in that Black Beauty. I have plenty of space and light for it, too. Take a look at my thread, "Windowsill Growing" to see the home that I am willing to give this plant. Thanks for being so generous and giving these away to good homes for shipping. :)

PMing you!

Sincerely,

Jimmy

Everyone wants the N. x black beauty". Not sure how I will decide who to give it to??? Bought this plant on e-bay a couple years ago and no one even bid on it. It is a very easy grower. Will let everyone know/may have to draw a name out of a hat.

you should do a first come first serve.:)

i think i have to agree with macamus because if i was the one running this i wouldnt want some randumb person getting the plant i would like to know if they have the proper growing conditions for it

thanks,
Matt

Offer unrooted cuttings?

Alright, I have decided in my own way. The N. "black beauty" will go to nepenthesmatt. The N. sanguinea is also spoken for.
Davey Jones- Yes they are unrooted cuttings but are N. ventrata/very easy to root and the vines are large and can be cut probably into 3 or 4 plants if you want. Ask SirKristoff as I sent him one about a year ago/very easy, almost foolproof.

Take care of it bro. Can you post a pic of it so we all know what we are missing out of.

oh dear god maca, the ventrata vine you sent me is insane XD it has put out 2 nodes, and continues to vine...not pitchering though, but its in a window with only a few hours of light...maybe its time to go into the growrack again

ok will do and when it is growing good in my conditions and vining ext i will offer cuttings of it for shipping

thanks

matt

Back