What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to get a screenshot

• Thread starter obregon562
  • Start date

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Tech savier people than I,

Can someone explain to me how to take a screenshot on a windows computer? i can give specs if needed but im sure this is a basic thing.

Thanks!
Frankie

Look for the "print screen" button on your keyboard.
After you hit that, just go as if your pasting a normal picture (right click, paste).

I can only tell you how on VLC media player which is pause the video or DVD in full screen and then hit the PRT SCR button then open Photoshop (or other photo editor) set up a new document then and go to the edit drop down: EDIT> PASTE (CTRL+V) and you SHOULD have your paused image.

If you mean just the desktop / application screen (not a still from a video which is what I at first assumed you meant) just hit PRT SCR and do the Photoshop stuff. That ought to give you a screen shot.

Press the button PrintScrn and then paste from the clipboard into a word or image processing program.

Or download and install a standalone freeware utility like Screengrab and save captures as BMP, JPeg etc.

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

thatnks guys!

Back