What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some helpful advice. Had a close call with one of my Neps. Will it be OK?

Hello all. Today I had to tie up a bunch of the branches and remove some of the dead leaves on my Largest Nepenthes Ampullaria Red, So I decided to Move the plant out of the greenhouse to do so. The stick I have to stand the plant was rotted at the base and broke, tipping over my plant
It looked like the base stem of the plant bent some maybe cracking the bark some. But it still feels very firmly attached to the root ball
I hope it doesn't start dying on me cause I dont really have the room to start taking a bunch of cuttings. This plant has like 10+ branches on it. Plus its one of my Favorite outdoor neps I grow.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss58/Nepenthes101/e-13.jpg This is the plant

Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to one of there really tall neps while moving it around and the plant being just fine after wards?

Do you think this plant will start dying from the bottom up now?

it will be fine, my large N. ramispina vine has a split about half way down but its growing fine....ill take a photo of it later to give you an idea of what i mean.
it should heal just fine Mike, prop him/her back up and forget it happened ;)

it will be fine, my large N. ramispina vine has a split about half way down but its growing fine....ill take a photo of it later to give you an idea of what i mean.
it should heal just fine Mike, prop him/her back up and forget it happened ;)

Thanks SK. Thats Encouraging. I should be doing some red amp cuttings here soon to relieve some top heavy weight from the plant. If you need a red amp. Let me know. I can get you a cutting your way when the weather warms up.

Hey, um.... Can I join that bandwagon when it comes through?

Would it help my cause if I also offer encouraging words? :angel:

yeah, I don't have one of those either. :-O But I'm sure your plant will be just fine.

Back