What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with humidity

I'm having a difficult time keeping the humidity up in my plant room. It's roughly a 70sf room. I have an ultrasonic humidifier from walmart but it's already begging to quit, I don't know if I got a bad one or what. I can get the humidity up to 90% with heavy spraying but I want something that is somewhat automated.

Has anyone tried this?
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog.../-/exo-terra-monsoon-rainfall-misting-system/

Seems to me like that would help tremendously during the day when my metal halide is on which made daytime humidity very difficult.

So you have your plants in a terrarium or out in the open?

Oh I guess that would help, they are out in the open.

If your going to buys misting system don't bother with the exo terra one. One of the best out there are the mistking systems. They have videos on their website of how the mist comes out which is a bonus. It's very fine mist.

www.mistking.com

how large is the room you are trying to humidify?
If not within an enclosure, the humidity levels can be very damaging to your homes drywall, insulation etc., these will absorb the humid air quite a bit.

The room is 7' x 10'. All the walls and ceiling have been primed and painted with a moisture barrier paint, Kilz I think, been good so far. All cracks and crevices have been sealed.

I am familiar with mist king systems, I guess those just slipped my mind.

close to the same as mine...slightly larger by 1' each way.
I use the Vicks cool mist humidifier on a timer and the levels stay in the 90%+ range all day.

Back