What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help in getting rid of aphids

can anyone tell me a good way to get rid of aphids. I use water with a little dish soap in it on my other indoor plants but not sure if it will be ok on cps

the problem is I have some young plants that are infested I changed soil and I hope that works I am trying to avoid any cemicals

You have basically two options. The environmentally safe one and temporary fix is to overfill your pot, by placing it in a taller one, for several days. They may return. The other option is to buy Orthenex / Orthene and poison the aphids. It won't harm the plants.

thanks I will try to over fill they are seedlings I have grown

I have successfully killed aphids w/ a homeade mixture of distlled water, neem oil, a tiny bit of dish soap, and about 30% wintergreen alcohol, this was fine on sars and flytraps, but I don't know about using it on dews. The magic ingredient is the wintergreen alcohol, the soap and neem oil makes it stick to the aphids, and the wintergreen scent is inhaled along with oxygen, and it is deadly.

I would strongly suggest not using the spray version of orothnex.  It killed my burmannii and two other Drosera. There have been two or three other threads regarding this and at least one other grower had the same experience.  You can read the search feature to find them.
I now have my plants soaking in r/o water for 48 hours.  I hope it works.

Back