What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help asap

Dear all,

I need your help please... ><... I found those bugs behind the leafs yesterday night. Can you id them and tell me how to treat them? What kind of medication I can use and how? Please... ><

CIMG0249.jpg

CIMG0250.jpg

Thanks for all your help and I really appreciated,

Tim

Aphids.
not a big deal, unless they get out of control.

wash the leaves under a faucet or hose, washing the bugs away.
repeat for a few days until they are all gone..
very easy to remove that way.
or if you only see a few, just wipe them off with a damp paper towel and throw them away..

a pesticide spray/chemical should be the last resort, and should not be necessary at all for aphids..they are very easy to manually remove.

if you have a sundew, gently wipe the sundew leaves along the leaf that has the aphids, removing the aphids and giving the sundew a tasty snack at the same time!

Scot

Ladybugs work well, though some don't like them because of cost. I just released a whole bunch in my garden yesterday. *poof* No more aphids and (bonus) some happy VFTs
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LeftCoast @ June 25 2005,12:20)]Ladybugs work well, though some don't like them because of cost. I just released a whole bunch in my garden yesterday. *poof* No more aphids and (bonus) some happy VFTs
smile.gif
more like no ladybugs, what you did has been tried many times in CP greenhouses, and each time every single ladybug became food to th likes of sarracenia, Nepenthes and VFT's

Or you could just scarape the aphids off with you fingers, but you will get aphid blood and aphid pieces all over them lol

dang aphids strike again, there is this stuff at wal mart called "Fungicide 3" me and my mom used it to treat aphids and mealy bugs it works like a charm

They are aphids. Spawn of Hell.

Many people suggest drowning the plant (and aphids) in water for a few days.

I recommend 2 days.

I also have tried Ortho Systemic Insect Killer (See my post in the Sundew forum), and so far it hasn't harmed my plants, and seems to have killed the aphids.

I used 2 tsp of it in a 32 oz mister.

Thanks guys! I really appreciated. I have manually removed most of them since yesterday night. I also got a bottle of Bug Spray made by SCHULTS this afternoon. The owner at nursery told me this works great. Well, I will try and see how it works if I cannot get rid of aphids manually.

Thanks again,

Tim

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 25 2005,2:03)]more like no ladybugs, what you did has been tried many times in CP greenhouses, and each time every single ladybug became food to th likes of sarracenia, Nepenthes and VFT's
*shrug* Seems to work for me. Ladybugs crawl around - no more aphids. I never have large infestations in any case.

Back