What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

naturalistic vivariums for desert and tropical

I am hoping to start a thread about things folks use to build their vivariums. I build both naturalistic desert, and tropical - and in between...from leopard geckos who come NOT from a desert to leaftails that need a cooler system. anyone else building anything?

That poly foam works well. you can landscape a really good background with it.
smile.gif
other than that i just use cork mats, fern panels, and a mixture of peat and coco fiber for the substrate, with a sprinkle of LFS on top.
welcome to the forums!
cool.gif

Thanks

why polyfoam instead of mortar or what other use; expanding foam? what kind of glue would you use and does it break down with water?

the polyeurithan (sp?) foam is a glue, and it expands
rock.gif
smile.gif

what is mortrar glue?

i have some new photos of a tank that was just completed. if your interested i can send one to you, i'll link them later this week end.

anyone ever use concrete to build waterstreams and such?

deven, to make a stream I used an aluminum duct that I cut in half, it was bendable, flexable, and extendable. I formed it how I wanted it, then put the substrate in and shapped it out in order to fit the stream and viola... It looks somewhat like a sewer drain at the moment, but with some plants and rocks it will be covered in no time.
By the way I remember you from RF, you helped me answer a few questions.. Since then Ive done two vivs, thanks to some motivation from your site. Maybe now I can help you some
smile_n_32.gif
.And I would love to see pics of your latest work. And if you are interested ill show you what ive done!
cody

Back