What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural habitats in Taiwan and China

Hi there!

I´ll spend March and April 2004 in Taiwan and China (province Guangdong) and I´ll surely have plenty of time to check out carnivorous plants in the wild (preferably Nepenthes, but I´d also be happy about seeing a nice Drosera or Ping). Anyway - there´s a "minor" problem: I don´t know where to start looking...

Could anybody give me [exact] locations of natural habitats there?

Thanks in advance!

This is interesting... I'd like to know also due to my cultural background.

In chinese art and literature, I've never seen or encountered CPs; eventhough I've heard of varieties indigenous to the area.

Isn't D.Spathulata 'Kanto' (sorry about the spelling, if wrong) found in Hong Kong? And if 'Kansai' is found in Japan, then would it not be also available in Taiwan? Just some thought....

wow.gif

I´ve surely heard about some Drosera growing in Taiwan and some Nepenthes in Guangdong and Fujian, but I´ve got no idea about the exact location...

during my years in china, i have never encountered a cp. maybe its because i was never looking
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

I just posted the same question in the foreign resources section, but I thought I'd check here too. Does anyone have any suggestions yet on finding places of interest for CPs in mainland China?

Back