What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC graomogolensis . . .

It looks as though the plants are settling in to their new home; and maybe, just maybe, I will no longer see Drosera as weeds to be plucked.

Also, they should just kick-arse on eBay. Just joking, Warren . . .

Drosera graomogolensis
GRAOM3.jpg

GRAOM2.jpg

Those colored up quickly...looking great! By the end of summer they should be really breath-taking.

Thanks. I have them under a dome with my CFLs, along with some seedling plants, until they adjust . . .

I heard these are fairly easy to grow, but are extremely hard to find... especially in Canada. :p lol. Make sure to update us with these plants!

I heard these are fairly easy to grow, but are extremely hard to find... especially in Canada. :p lol. Make sure to update us with these plants!

Will do. I once had a great number of Drosera years ago but mostly phased them out; though I may be reversing things a bit . . .

I'm tempted to get rid of my Sarracenia. If all I had were sundews I'd probably only use one or two gallons of water a month. Plus in the space that one Sarracenia pot takes up I could grow dozens of Drosera. And you don't have to wait 3-6 years to see the results of hybridizing.

There certainly is the space issue; but nothing quite controls the wasps in my yard like the good old Amuuurrrrican pitcher plants. When Drosera are found the size of dinner plates and can take care of that, they can go . . .

A forest of D. regia or D. binata var multifida f. extrema might do it. And it could work both ways with the smell of the nectar and prey in the tubes attracting the wasps.

dunno. I think i tested that once. nothing can hold a the larger young queen yellow jackets on their way to find and build a nest. I even dazed the bugger and placed it onto various sundews. None could prevent it form dragging itself out of the stickiness. OTOH the sarracenia eat them by the bundle

Here's a shot today of the plants, enjoying a bit of sun . . . and a few gnats:

Drosera graomogolensis
GRAMAO.jpg

GRAOMO2.jpg

Here is an update from this morning -- some six months out (and I haven't managed to kill them, even though they've just seen seen nighttime Tbs in the single digits -- centigrade) . . .

Drosera graomogolensis -- 14 June
GRAOM2.jpg

1 November
DGA.jpg

Ohhh nice! Looking good! Can I hit you up for a leaf pulling sometime? ;)

Amazing...reminds me of why I want this species so badly. :lol:

Beastly buggers! You never fail to impress David!

Wow, you even gained another plant..or was it a little one hiding before? Either way you grew those guys hard :0o:

Lovely as ever :hail:

always amazing plants i have had bad luck with graomos but looks like mine is coming back from the root now :D

w00t!

Let the cold trials begin. 50°F is the lowest this year for me.

Last edited:
That's a big increase in size!

They grow faster in deeper pots.

Back