What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**NASC BENEFIT AUCTION**

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
<center><span style='color:blue'>This is a totally unpaid, unendorsed and shamelessly groveling advertisement for...</span></CENTER>

<center><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>THE NORTH AMERICAN SARRACENIA CONSERVANCY</span></span>

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>***BENEFIT AUCTION***

Opening Sunday, May 8th!</span></span>

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Please consider making a donation of any item that might fetch a buck!</span></span>

<span style='color:green'>If you have nothing to offer...don't feel bad.  Direct donations of any amount are also appreciated.  
smile.gif
</span></center>

This is a charity event to raise money to fund the new Sarracenia conservation and preservation organization, NASC. All funds go directly to NASC to pay for any operating and project expenses.

<center><span style='color:red'>Please bear in mind this is all about DONATIONS to NASC.</span></center>
The fact that you may get a nice plant or other item should be "icing on the cake."  We hope you can find some bargains or something you've been wanting.  But the energy behind this auction is for raising funds so that NASC can operate.

<center>Thanking you in advance for any item donations (big or small) and all bids!  GOOD LUCK!

Our <span style='color:red'>Phearless Leader Phil</span> will be collecting funds this year.   Wooohooo! **The complete and final auction rules will be pinned in the new Auction Forum** upon opening of the auction.  Please ask any questions you might have.  You can review the basic rules already posted in the General Forum.  Please PM/email PlantAKiss if you have any questions!</center>

<center><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>It Takes a Community to Make a Difference!</span></span></center>

The Auction will take place in its own dedicated forum which you can find in the main Forum list (NASC Benefit Auction). It will not be open to members until the auction starts.

p.s.  Don't report me for being obnoxious...its my job.  
biggrin.gif

smile_n_32.gif

And I have NO IDEA why those center codes work sometimes and not other times.
confused.gif
*sigh* If anyone knows how to fix that, let me know. None of those codes should show.

Report you??? Nah! Spam away, it's for a good cause!!!!

Good...'cause y'all are gonna get sick of me.
smile_t_32.gif
smilie4.gif

cant wait, I'll find soem sarracenia to donate, can we all post what we're donating here?

Wow, you get around PAK...Great! Look foward to helping.
smile.gif

A bump and a question! (not like it needs a bump PAK does such a good job at spamming......
smile_n_32.gif
)

Canadian content? Is that a yes? a no? a to be decided? there are a few Canadians on this forum and I know for a fact that one of them has a wish list that includes.... well everything really!

Thanks for the bump.  
smile.gif
 Well...anyone can participate but everybody still has to follow the usual rules about shipping plant material out of the U.S.  Anyone who makes a donation (listing) needs to put in their description, where they are willing to ship.  Seeds are easily shipped out of the US.

Each listing should state something like "U.S. bidders only." or "I will ship to US and Canada." or "I will ship anywhere."

Hopefully some Canadians will participate and that might make it easier to get plants.

I know its hard on the people out of the U.S. because of all the phyto rules.  We know the rules are there for a good reason but it sure is frustrating for trading plant material.  
confused.gif

Travis...I leave no stone un-turned. hehe
smile_m_32.gif
I'm here, there and everywhere!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 04 2005,9:08)]Anyone who makes a donation (listing) needs to put in their description, where they are willing to ship.  Seeds are easily shipped out of the US.
Ah good, because then I don't want to have to bombard the other guy with Pms while keeping an anxious eye on the skyrocketing price as well...
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for the bump indeed.

Hmmm, I saw that earlier in the day PAK but as I thought all the <center>s were a mistake in the codes, either way I wasn't about to scream about that added obnoxiousity...
smile.gif

What DO you mean by "Phearless" (2nd para from end). Only thing I got out from the spelling/grammar check was: peerless, heirless, headless...

lol PHearless...as in PHil.
smile.gif

Apparently some forums are HTML enabled and some are not. The ones where its enabled the text is centered and you don't see the codes. The ones where it isn't, you see the dang codes.

I wonder what Phil's PH level is? LOL Get sick of you PAK? Your enthusiasm is contagious!

hmmmm... Time to try that whole telepathy thing again on all the Canadian forum members....

*You want to auction plants. You must auction plants! I need plants!*

...... is it working??? lol

Let's get some litmus paper and give Phil a test. hehe

I'm glad its my enthusiasm that's contagious and not anything else.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Only two more days! Are you ready? Looking over your plant collection for donations?

Any donations gratefully accepted.

Well...OK...no fingers....

Can anyone make a post about the NASC Auction on the CP forums in England?

When is the end date?

Tweek

End date is May 22nd...it runs for two weeks. We would have had it start next weekend but that ran it into Memorial Day...which probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Anyone who can make posts to other forums is welcome to do so.
smile.gif

Tomorrow, tomorrow, is just a day a way!!!

If you read between the lines it says "bump".
smile_m_32.gif

55 minutes to tomorrow by my clock!

Done and OPEN! Go for it!

Back