What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Auction ends TODAY!!!

That's why you have to bid at the very last minute.

That's why having a fast computer helps lol

I was there in the final minutes, ready to defend my two auctions to the death ... and nobody touched them, lol. :)

ARGH!! im on vacation in FL....i thought it ended at 12 :( i missed all but one of my auctions.... :-( oh well....theres always next year.
Alex

I REALLY wanted the urtic starter,gemae :-( and the sarracenia pack but oh well,I have a really fast CPU but I have the most:censor: Slow dialup ever since the line quility is crude. I am happy about the ventrisoca since a few nureries charge $15 for a really small one same with the sarrs. I do have scorpoides,they are putting out leafs after being fully barerooted!
I did get some dews from a close nursery so I have somenice things to look forward to for my CP bog,I wanted the spagnum but uit was too much. I do have some peltata seeds and liniflora so I have some things to plant.

That's why you have to bid at the very last minute.

That's why having a fast computer helps lol

It wouldn't matter with the 30 second waiting period between posts. I suppose greenies and bluies have an advantage there. If it weren't for that there would probably be 3 or 4 more Sarracenia to add to my collection and the NASC would have a few more dollars ;)

So hey, just to make sure I don't ship until the NASC person in charge (I think schloaty?) tells me to, right?

So hey, just to make sure I don't ship until the NASC person in charge (I think schloaty?) tells me to, right?

Correct. Once Schloaty (Dave) tells you that the dough is in, then it's safe to ship. If you asked for postage, that's something that you can decide on yourself- if you feel secure you can send out the pack before the shipping $ comes in, if you want to make sure you don't end up shorted, wait until the person sends you the shipping money.

It wouldn't matter with the 30 second waiting period between posts. I suppose greenies and bluies have an advantage there. If it weren't for that there would probably be 3 or 4 more Sarracenia to add to my collection and the NASC would have a few more dollars ;)

NEGATIVE- I've looked into removing that waiting period for the 'Thank you' members (since we KNOW they are not spammers).... but it is a BOARD setting.. Not a user group setting. So we're all stuck with it equally. Someone should have reminded me about it and I would removed it for the end of auction hour..... Although it's a little bit of a pain to those of you that make lots of posts in a row... It really does help keep the board "safe" when the spammers come in. They generally only get 2 or 3 posts up before a mod bans them. I did remove it in the start of this new forum software, and a few days later I had about 20 spam posts to delete....... :-( 30 seconds is forum default, nothing special.

NEGATIVE- I've looked into removing that waiting period for the 'Thank you' members (since we KNOW they are not spammers).... but it is a BOARD setting.. Not a user group setting. So we're all stuck with it equally. Someone should have reminded me about it and I would removed it for the end of auction hour..... Although it's a little bit of a pain to those of you that make lots of posts in a row... It really does help keep the board "safe" when the spammers come in. They generally only get 2 or 3 posts up before a mod bans them. I did remove it in the start of this new forum software, and a few days later I had about 20 spam posts to delete....... :-( 30 seconds is forum default, nothing special.

You could disable posting as a guest and disable new registrations the last few hours of the auction, since 99.9% of the people who are going to be participating are already registered by then.

outsider, as I said--- if someone would have reminded me, I would have removed the waiting period... To have it gone for an hour or two would likely not cause a problem.

outsider, as I said--- if someone would have reminded me, I would have removed the waiting period... To have it gone for an hour or two would likely not cause a problem.

Hey now, was just proposing what you could try next time. If you feel that leaving it completely open can be done go for it :).

I sent the payment minutes after the close of auction

I didn't know there was a delay. lol Shows what I know. :)

I think next year I'll get involved, it looks fun... Oh, BTW JLAP, my computer rocks :-D

Is there an official amount raised by the auction yet? Looks like it went pretty well.

Back