What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that plant!

• Thread starter prizmbatch
  • Start date
i've had this big nep for a while now but i still don't know what it is. i also would like input on it's problem. i think it's not getting enough light.
DSC01909.jpg
DSC01910.jpg
DSC01911.jpg
DSC01912.jpg
DSC01913.jpg
DSC01914.jpg

sorry in advance for my awful job of posting my pics. i haven't had much experience doing it.

and these 4 are a plant i picked up yesterday from home depot. it is a nep but again i'm not sure which one. it seems pretty healthy considering it's awful living conditions. thanks for your help in identifying my plants.
smile.gif
DSC01918.jpg
DSC01917.jpg
DSC01916.jpg
DSC01915.jpg

First one looks like a miranda or gentle or other maxima hybrid. And I do think you're right about it not getting sufficient light. The second, no clue.

Here is a link to advice given to a friend about Neps. It might be helpful, even if the cirumstances may be different:

Nep advice

I wonder why I couldn't see this topic last night?
confused.gif

One thing to consider about purchasing plants from Lowes, H.D., etc.... is that depending upon how many have elapsed since they brought the plants in and when you buy them, they could be well on their way to death. These plnts in cubes are not opened. They get no water and only store light, from far away. There are a lot of things going against them. It would be surprising that they are light-starved. Give them a few weeks in decent conditions and they should be fine. Look at how the new growth is doing. That's your best indicator. As does Capslock and Elgecko, I have my Neps in hanging baskets, outside and I water them once a day. I don't suggest putingthem outside until they are acclimated to your environment. They also do well enough inside, as both the people mentioned have inside Neps - especially Elgecko.

Back