What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that Nep!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mindmaze128 @ Oct. 07 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehehe

Title says it all, but there's an added bonus!
wow.gif

If you name a plant correctly, I'll trade you a cutting when the plant gets older!!
smile.gif

Rules:

1) You get one and ONLY ONE guess per plant!

2) Newbie ppl get the first chance to guess i.e. there has to be at least 5 guesses from newbies before the not-so-newbies can guess.

3) You can ask me to try to take a better picture of the pitcher in question if you want.

4) There is no limit to how many correct guesses you can make i.e. someone can get all 6 right, and hence 6 reservations of the 6 cuttings to be made.

Conditions:

1) I hold the right to determine when I want to make cuttings of the plants.

2) I can refuse to make a cutting for someone if I feel that s/he does not deserve it (this is at my discretion).

<span style='color:blue'>Hints:</span>

1) All of the pitchers are from Lowland Neps.

2) 2 of the plants are sort of rare in cultivation (AFAIK).

And before someone yells "I'll just guess from what he has on his grow list," please be aware that I've erased my growlist from both GW and PFT, so please, don't even bother to look.

Also, I know that it's close to impossible to identify a few of the plants with such small pitchers, but that's what makes this so interesting!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Actually greg, you can't guess since you probably know which the plants are (I think I've told you a million times by now about one of the plants!
wow.gif
). I promise I'll make it up to you.
wink.gif

Good Luck to everyone!!  Jœl

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>THE PICTURES!!!</span></span>

1)
Nep_a.JPG

2)
Nep_b.JPG

3)
Nep_c.JPG

4)
Nep_d.JPG

5)
Nep_e.JPG

6)
Nep_f.JPG
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
exra post so photos are on this page
biggrin.gif

MADAGASCAREINSIS!!!!!!!!! For Pete's Sake!!!!!!!!

No... It's not any of those.

Ppl please read the hints, and do a search on google for a nep like that and you'll hopefully find it. The hints really narrows it down alot.

Jœl

I've got the honours... Drumroll Please...

This is for you NepG *Holds out a pitcher tendril*

It's......

Nepenthes neoguineensis!!!

I too think it is neoguineensis.

Clarifying... It IS neoguineensis... I was doing the honours of unveiling the last Nep for Joel...

Hehehe, Sorry...
sad.gif

nope i don't think it is n. neo. the tendril is going the wrong way

HOLY GOOD GRAPES!!! Alot of guessing for people who know Neps...
wink.gif
k/d hehehehehe lol

travis

-_-#

No no no no no... It IS neoguineensis... Like, for real... Thats what it IS... We're not guessing anymore... It IS neoguineensis...

ok no more guessing if that is what it so be it.
ok i guess i will grow old waiting for that ampullaria to grow up and be ready to be cut up.

why grow old, buy one from phil and jeff!

Who's Phil and Jeff?

The guys who are nice enough to provide us with this site and great plants.

I knew that
smile.gif

Back