What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that Dew

CN

BANNED
Any idea's?

Dew # 1
this dew came in on some Utric's i bought off ebay it came fron NC Us. this pic dosent show how red this plant is but it is all red

Picture014-3.jpg

Picture015-6.jpg

Picture016-6.jpg

Dew # 2
This one came in with my Ceph i won off ebay . i asked the person which dew it might be an he said it could be any of them . because he sales so many on ebay .I am leaning towards Drosera stolonifera due to the hieght an leaf.An he sales alot of these. so if ya can help that would be sweet.

Picture019-6.jpg

Picture020-2.jpg

Picture021-2.jpg

Thanks Daren

The first looks similar to D. venusta, whereas the second is most likely not a tuberous sundew, but rather D. madagascariensis.

-Ben

I'd've gone with D. brevifolia and D. mad.... but then again, I'm more in the the D. roundandstickia group. don't go by me!

top= D. natalensis
bottom= D. madagascariensis
(I'm pretty sure)

D. natalensis (younger plants)
dielsiana_6.JPG

I agree with the last one being madagascariensis

Uhhh/// the first one looks like D.dielsiana.

Jeff,
I feel like making a big separate post about this topic here, but according to Christian Dietz (utricularia.net owner) D. dielsiana is extremely rare in cultivation, and it seems no one has it. Also, he says that most people have labeled their D.natalensis plants as D. dielsiana. He has some plant anatomy to back his claim. Check out this link: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31529
Also, the plant I posted above grew into this once it matured:
Drosera_natalensis_orange.JPG

hi-res:
http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/natalensis/Drosera_natalensis_orange_sundew.JPG

thank you for your help CPaholic
so Last one is confirmed as a D. Mad? or what an then the last one is for sure D.natalensis ?

I'd say that is correct, but once again, you'll probably have to wait for flowers on the D. natalensis before you can get a 99% id on it.

ok Thank you very much

daren

Back