What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x Rokko

Anybody have experience growing N. x Rokko? Should I grow this as a highland or lowland? Right now its in my lowland terrarium. Anybody have pictures? I believe mine is from a stem cutting, I can't tell if the pitchers are upper or lower. Do upper pitchers have wings? This pitcher does.

Larry,

I have an N. Rocco X Fusca which I have grown successfully in my lowlands terrarium. I have a nagging huntch though that it would do better in a cooler environment, even though my tank is not as lowlands as it could get, it's not quite an intermediate either... but almost...

In recent months my Rocco X Fusca has been in decline, seeming to hold on... but I have had quite a few problems, including fungus, and I am not sure if it's problems are related. I am in the process of procuring some of those tasty pasteurized crickets from Phil and Jeff, as the plant hasn't had a substantial meal in over a year (I know, I am a bad parent) we'll see if it picks up after that.

I do grow N. x rokko. It is a very fast growing plant. The upper pitchers should lack wings of any extent and can get up to a foot tall if allowed to grow. They are longer and more narrow funnel shaped than the lower pitchers which are tubular/cylindrical. The upper pitchers on mine are more of a yellow mixed with red, but the lower pitchers can be quite dark with a dark peristome. It is a beautiful hybrid if allowed to grow. Good luck.

Kim

Thanks for the info you two
smile.gif

Mine does have wings and the pitchers are quite large. Large to me anyways (3.5")
wink.gif

I hope it didn't mind me transplanting it too much. The pitchers it had, haven't turned brown, so that should be a good sign.

Back