What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x home depot var. "mutant freak"

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ April 21 2004,8:12)]Regect?  You guys are mean!
mad.gif
  You're going to hurt it's feelings!
mad.gif
  Have some compassion!
YEA! I think its kinda cute
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif

Max,
You can't bring yourself to kill anything!
tounge.gif
I've made up a list of all the things you said you dont have the heart to kill:

billions of gemmae
freak show nep
tounge.gif

nepenthes coccinea
sarracenia rubra
I think there was another one... dont remember
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I personally think the multiple growth point trait is kind of neat... I am curious how the pitchers swell if there is no true "lid"... Any pictures of just that? Keep it in the name of science! As for not having the heart to kill anything, I am the same way! That makes two of us!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

Compost? No way... I like it. Send it to me and we shall call it Nepenthes 'Dyflamensis'.
cool.gif

Any stressed Nep will make pitchers like that for a while.  I'm sure it will grow normal like after a while, if not, can I have it? lol!

Edit: Oh this is the same one from last year? Coolness, either it has a lot of tissue culture hormone running though it still or it's genetic... how long untill you devide it and start offering the devitions and register it as a cultivar ;)

Hey! Idea! You could donate it to science fiction!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ April 22 2004,4:37)]Compost? No way... I like it. Send it to me and we shall call it Nepenthes 'Dyflamensis'.
cool.gif
Spectaboensis sounds a bit better, dont ya think?
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Seriously though, "Nepenthes 'Dyflamensis' " sounds really catchy. I like it!
biggrin.gif

Or how `bout N.`freek from the deep(ot)'?

Back