What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x Gentle?

Dave S.

NECPS President
I made a tip cutting from a plant during the January NECPS meeting. The lowers at the time looked like it at least had a N. maxima as a parent. The nep ID was not known at the time by the original plant owner.

Is this N. x Gentle?

Here are some pictures:

The unknown nep in flower:

formerledpict2monthslater.jpg

An upper pitcher
n.gentleupper.jpg

Jeez Dave, it's so hard to tell from an upper like that. It could be a lot of things. I fear you will have to wait for lower pitchers to get a better idea. Seems to have maxima in it, though.

Capslock

Do the flowers have red centers? It looks pretty much exactly like my x gentle but I only see green in the flowers. Can't be sure, but it looks like it.

-D. Ly

Yes, they were reddish-orange in the center of the flower. The flowers buds are closed in the pictures above. I have since given that plant away to someone I met at a plant show last week. There is a chance that the person who has that plant will join our plant club, the NECPS, so I might still get to see how the plant pitchers over time.

Back