What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N x dyeriana flower

• Thread starter patrickntd
  • Start date
Hello all,

My N. x dyeriana got flower. This is my first time to have Nepenthes flowering. Therefore, I have a couple questions.

1. Is it a male plant?
2. is N x dyeriana fertile?
3. Need extra feeding during flowering?

Thank you,

Patrick

4763179C-0CE1-4F7D-9B30-A97155FD2D97_zpscm96arxn.jpg

60264D7F-1D49-4F9E-B884-CB7EF812BEF4_zpsfcikmu0a.jpg

Last edited:
Your photos are not showing up. You should use another image-hosting website.

Without seeing the photos we can tell you that male flowers are spherical before they open while female flowers will be more elongated, like an oval in cross-section. N x Dyeriana should be fertile if you believe the claim that it's one of the parents in N x Miranda.

dyeriana is most certainly NOT one of the parents of 'Miranda' (x mixta x maxima); it's even more complex a hybrid than that plant. N. x dyeriana is x mixta x dicksoniana aka (northiana x maxima) x (rafflesiana x veitchii), and the true clone is a male with relatively disappointing levels of fertility.

Thank you for comment. I edited the link, hope pics show up. Based on the pic online, I guess it is a male. :)

Last edited:
You cannot use Photobucket to link images to other sites, not anymore. If we are to see the photos here you need to use a different hosting site or give in to their demands to pay for an upgraded account.

Back