What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N X Coccinea (or however you spell it)

schloaty

Staff member
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know what everyone's experience was with rooting a Coccinea cutting. I'v had it planted for a little over a week (which I know is too soon), and want to know how long it generally takes for them to set root. A couple of months? TIA

hey schloaty,
if thats the cutting i sent you, then it should root any time unless its shocked real bad. my others, made at the same time have begun to root already. i am now starting to take them out of the water tray. Just keep the soil moist until you start to see the nodes sprout or it starts actively growing. keep it in bright indirect sunlight, and it should root in no time.
biggrin.gif
oh you might want to keep in mind that these were grown outside in the florida heat so any temp drops could stunt the cutting. i try to keep most of my outside neps above 65 F becouse it seems the plants hate the temp change, esp. the pitchers. i have had them drop to 45-50F and had pitcher casualties and extended shock.

cheers,

Joel
biggrin.gif

Thanks Joel,
Yes, it is the one you sent. Now I'm all excited! I can't wait to get home to check it out!
wow.gif

Back