What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. villosa basaling

my villosa is about 1- 2 inches in diameter and is basaling. i think it is because i had it in colder temps than it wanted so it stopped growing and formed a bulb right under the growing point. now that i have moved it to warmer temps it has started growing and has 4 basals. iam so excited i think i have found out how to get basals. let me know you experiances with basaling and what neps you have had basal.
thanks
adam

Its kinda hard for villosa to be too cold...unless its like....35F....

my typical TCed villosa likes highand to intermediate conditions but the ultrahighland conditions causes it to stop growing. i think it got like 43F at the lowest

Hey, nice to see it basals at small size...i just got one and its about the same size as yours minus the basals...are you sure there basals? i got some on my n. lowii, which is 2-3 inches in diameter, but i found out they were just sideshoots, if they are just sideshoots id just let them grow undisturbed for awhile so eventually you'll get a nice bushy plant

aaddaam: its typical for a plant to stop growing if its conditions are changed...
Ultrahighland conditions are really best for this plant, when its younger it can take highland/intermediate...but when it gets a little older, it wont.
Villosa can take down to around 35-38 or so at night, usually low 40s or upper 30s are great for this plant....
Just ask the guy who flowered one recently :)

Back