What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii - sharing some pics

Cindy

Staff member
Last Wednesday: I discovered this pitcher trying to look like a skinny Orang Utan.
vetichii_mt.jpg

Yesterday: It had since developed a slight hunchback and belly.
vetichii_mt1.jpg

Today: The pitcher is starting to open.
veitchii_mt2.jpg

veitchii_mt3.jpg

The hair (or fur)!!!
veitchii_mt4.jpg

veitchii_mt5.jpg

Such a lot of fuzz! Is that a BE golden boy or some other?

Awesome pictures cindy. Is that a lowland or highland veiitchi? I have not grown this species yet. May have to get. On another note cindy; Did you ever try "Fatty's restaurant in Singapore/Is it still there?

You can tell that it is going to have a very nice flared peristome. Please update when it has completely opened and colored up.

xvart.

Awesome pictures cindy. Is that a lowland or highland veiitchi? I have not grown this species yet. May have to get. On another note cindy; Did you ever try "Fatty's restaurant in Singapore/Is it still there?

Macamus3, it is N. veitchii 'Hose Mountain'. Nope, I've not tried the food at the restaurant. Most locals don't think it serves the best food. ;)

xvart, the colour will lighten as the pitcher matures. The final colour from what I remember would be peach. After I got the plant, it only pitchered once for me. Then it flowered and it has been trying to recover since May this year.

b.t., it is from Malesiana Tropicals. The BE golden boy(?) is not a good grower for me. Very slow. No idea why.

Hi Cindy, I would assume then that "Hose Mountains" is highland??? Sorry to hear about Fatty's. Back in the early to mid 1980's when I traveled extensively in SE Asia it was very popular with the locals. Was taken there many times. Oh well, may not even be owned/run by the same people now.

Man, I love veitchii's. Yours is awesome!

Very nice! It'll have a very nice peristome. :)

Cindy, your plants are always amazing! Love the "fur". :)

Wow, that is furry. I have a stenophyla (sp?) that is very similar in that it is covered in hair.

I got this plant as 'Hose Mountains' but it seems that it most resembles 'Bau' from Malesiana Tropicals. ???

Back