What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. (thorelii x maxima) x trusmadiensis

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
Just wanted to share this ep beauty.
P7305918.jpg

Hope you enjoy.
Ludwig

No, not yet. EP shipped it as a long rooted cutting.

Beautiful though. Post some pics when you get a basal. How big are those pitchers? I've noticed thorelii for whatever reason makes diminutive pitchers in it's primary hybrids, but I'm wondering now if that effect is diluted once more species become involved.

Beautiful though. Post some pics when you get a basal. How big are those pitchers? I've noticed thorelii for whatever reason makes diminutive pitchers in it's primary hybrids, but I'm wondering now if that effect is diluted once more species become involved.
I'm not sure about that...I've seen some huge thorelii hybrids. Stay tuned, I have a large pitcher forming and should be ready in a few days, and I'll include a tape measure for size...:0o:

I've seen some huge thorelii hybrids
Of course there are some (thorelii x truncata comes to mind). But on the other hand you have thorelii x aristo, the pitchers of thorelii x merrilliana are much smaller than merrilliana, thorelii x amp, etc. Now that I think about it, maybe its not so much a property of thorelii as it is a combined effect of the nature of the two parents. Obviously truncata takes over in that cross, maxima takes over in rokko, etc.

Back