What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ramispina x macfarlanei

Hi,

this is a plant I got as N. ramispiana / N. gracillima about three years ago. From the shape of the peristome and the shape of the pitcher it was quite clear it can't be a pure N. ramispina. First I thought it was a N. gracillima, but Alastair disagreed on this opinion. By now I'm also quite confident it has some N. macfarlanei traits in it - the few hairs below the lid are a sure sign for this:

N_ramispina_macfarlanei_290104_med.jpg

Sadly most of the seed collected from G. Ulu Kali seem to be hybrids and not pure species.

Cheers Joachim

Nice pic! It sure does seem to have some marcfarlenei in it.

That's a nice hybrid, even though it is a little disappointing not to have the true species.

SF

I think it's an extremely attractive plant. It's a natural hybrid. Doesn't that count?
biggrin.gif

Think of all the fun you will have hunting down a "pure blooded" ramispina!

Trent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Jan. 29 2004,08:02)]I think it's an extremely attractive plant. It's a natural hybrid. Doesn't that count?
biggrin.gif

Think of all the fun you will have hunting down a "pure blooded" ramispina!

Trent
Hi Trent,

of course I also think it is a very nice plant! Sadly my growth space is limited and so with every new plant an older one has to leave... The hunt for real N. ramispina nad N. gracillima isn't the easiest though. My fourth try will be a seed grown N. ramispina from Rob which Christian alread reserved for me.

Cheers Joachim

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ Jan. 31 2004,17:13)]Hi Trent,

of course I also think it is a very nice plant! Sadly my growth space is limited and so with every new plant an older one has to leave...
That must be awful.
sad.gif
Well I wish you luck with the N. ramispina plant lined up for you Joachim! PS- nice photo!

Back