What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. rajah pic

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Does an actual pic exist of the infamous rajah with a rat in it? If so where can I see the pic at?

Joe

Hey,
Ahh, not this again. Someone posted that their rajah ate squirrels, and it started a riot and an argument. Not the best thing to bring up
wink.gif
Oh, and a pic doesn't exist
smile.gif

Ouch, Spec!  You could at least supply a link to the old thread without giving Superimposedhope a hard time.  
biggrin.gif

I was also curious about a rajah eating a rat.  Even though Superimposedhope asks a touchy subject I think he deserves a better response.  There may not be a picture, but is there any reason why a rat could not be digested in a Nep pitcher?

biggrin.gif

No, it's true! Here's my photographic evidence:

N_rajah_with_rat.sized.jpg

Capslock
tounge.gif

Well, there we have it - incontrovertible proof!

By the way, it looks like your rat is eating the rajah pitcher.
wink.gif

Pat

A friend of me here in Germany has a big collection of Nepenthes. As he had a team of a private TV channel which is known for its lurid reporting, he put a plastic mouse in a 30 cm tall N. x mixta pitcher. The team had blue lamps with them and made the whole basement look rather scary. Perhaps I can post some pictures later.
smile.gif

Jan

Haha!
biggrin.gif
Nice pic, Capslock! Is that a dried out Rajah or did you just let your "rat" climb in and get a little wet?

Thanks for the edit Spec! I knew it must've sound worse than you meant it.
biggrin.gif

JanW, please post some pics. That would be funny to see. Plus, is there a website for that TV Channel? Perhaps an archive I could root through and see the actual story or at least read about? Sometimes, i have good luck understanding German with my Dutch.

Capslock,

Is that real, or is it Paint Shop Pro expertise?

SF
wink.gif

Whats the deal ? Is the whole rajah/ rat thing just myth or what makes it so touchy? Nothing taken Spec.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 08 2004,4:03)]Whats the deal ? Is the whole rajah/ rat thing just myth or what makes it so touchy? Nothing taken Spec.

Joe
oh....eh... nevermind
tounge.gif
no one seems to care now
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Guys... I found my pic of when i fed that fuzzy to my maxima pitcher:
Image06.jpg

spec show us a pic of the skull when you took it out of the pitcher after it died. unless you threw it away...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ April 20 2004,3:23)]spec show us a pic of the  skull when you took it out of the pitcher after it died. unless you threw it away...
I lost it... then found it in my cats litter box
mad.gif
(seriously)

MAN YOU GUYS ARE WEIRD I remember that last argument, I took no part whatsoever in it. Nice pics.

never mind mice or rats, let's get some with cats

plant by p. biddlecombe and photo by d. daly

cat%20in%20ntep.gif

That is kinda cute, just don't leave it in there.

Back