What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ovata going black!

Hi
I very recently got a small N. ovata. Its with the rest of my Highland Neps in my greenhouse. Its not started to grow yet, which does not surprise me. But the pitcher tip on the growing point which has yet to unfurl has gone brown and shrivelled.
sad.gif
Worse its causing the top of the leaf to go black. The three older leaves are still green though showing signs of stress, with small patches of brown.
It is getting good humidity and has good light but not direct sun. The daytime/nightime temps are typical highland. Any suggestions how I can maximise the plants recovery before its too late?

cheers

bill

Cut off all of your black areas the plant has and that you can see, if it hasn't traveled into the stem it should be fine. If it has gotten to the stem, behead it and treat like a cutting.

smile.gif
yup, what NG said... Don't be too worried it's probubly just adjusting to it's new conditions.

Sorry to hear that:( I hope it recovers for you!

Thanks for your comments & suggestions everyone.
Its currently in that "Suspended animation" stage of a Nep neither growing nor dieing.
rock.gif

The black tip has not increased too much and at least it is not at the base of the plant. Fingers crossed
wink.gif

cheers

bill

Back