What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"N. Mirabilis Trang Bizarre" anyone else?

Got this youngish seed grown Nepenthes mirabilis form called "Trang Bizarre". I dunno how bizarre it really is but it seems to be a much sturdier plant than the standard N. mirabilis. The tendrils and pitchers are slightly furry compared to a "regular" mirabilis form I have which has the hairs around the leaf edges and dessicates a little more each time you so much as exhale towards it.

mirabilistrang2.jpg

mirabilistrang3.jpg

Overall (from a while back) plant is now about 10" diameter or so with a few pitchers
mirabilistrang1.jpg

So is anyone else growing this form? Have any pics of older pitchers/larger plants, maybe even uppers?

Last edited:
Nice coloration from the cream to red, and quite the leaf jump!

Ooh, pink pitchers... Nice... :drool:

Nice coloration from the cream to red

I didn't know what color this plant would turn into since I got it as a "mixed seedling" but I really like the subtle pink on white. I can't seem to grow any forms of N. ventricosa at all (even in the HL tank ???) so the possibility of me ever growing the white & pink form of it seems to be out but this will fill that color niche nicely I think. Being a lowlander all I have to do is stick it in an enclosure and water it, no extra chores of cooling to keep it alive in my hot 2nd story apartment.

quite the leaf jump!

Yeah, I took that pic a while back to show someone who doubted the veracity of fertilizing Nepenthes with orchid ferts... :D

EXO APPROVES! :awesome:

Kinda reminds me a bit of N.viking.

Kinda reminds me a bit of N.viking.

That's what I thought too, only white and maybe with a bit more "neck" above the round part, but it's still relatively small yet. I'm anxious to know how the pitchers will be shaped when it matures - I hope it keeps the subtle pink color. When I move it to the new large LL tank I'm gonna build soon it will be getting twice the amount of light so it might turn all pink.

Back