What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I got a cutting from my Nepenthes and I put it in distilled water with sphagnum moss in it, I then planted it in wet Peat moss in the water, and after a week or so growth seemed to continue! I guess it seems it may be rooted! N. medusa is a very rare combination of N. bellii and x sibuyanensis and forms very attractive red pitchers (Gewgle it!)

And please, for the love of God, please, PLEASE, get these Utricularia off my hands! I do not like them! They are in excellent condition AND flowering size, but I am not interested in pretty flowers! I am interested in things that devour bugs I can see so I may dance and parade at the death of the pathetic insect </sadistic speech>. I have...

U. sandersonii
U. livida
U. reniformis 'small leaf'

To be honest, I am willing to give probably all three for any one plant I want from below! The N. medusa cutting is up for trade of any of the below.

I am interested in the following...

S. moorei
S. 'Leah Wilkerson' (HAH! As if. I can try though, right, who wouldn't? Admit it, Leah Wilkerson invades your dreams and keeps you up at night.)
S. rubra jonesii 'green' x psittacina 'green'
Dionaea 'B52'
S. leucophylla 'hot pink'
S. minor 'okefenokeensis giant'

Or any offers... I'm mainly interested in Sarracenia however! US TRADE ONLY!

Neps wont root in a week. 3 weeks is my minimum and thats for an undisclosed something that is more vigorous than anything I've ever seen. Ergo, that medusa has no roots (and its not that rare).

Good luck finding that leah wilkerson...you'd have to be trading a macrophylla or something for that!

I forgot to mention I had it in the distilled water for 3 weeks prior, THEN put it in the pot, then stopped paying attention on it for more than a week (but not 2) and I saw the growth was continuing, so it should be rooted.

continued growth is not always a sign of rooting. I 've had things grow leaves without yet having roots

A bare stem can soak up water for a long time before it grows any roots.

Back