What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima?

Looks like an N.maxima or hybrid to me.

Yikes.......thats a really tough call there! I'd say a VERY young N. maxima or N. maxima hybrid, which I am leaning towards because the leafes are just not saying pure maxima to me for some reason, maybe its N. maxima x N. sanguniea, mind PMing me where the plant came from? Perhaps we can try to track its ID down from there.

Looks kinda not right to me either but I think it needs to grow up more to see what it does when it's more mature.

Tony

Could it be an hybrid of maxima and ventricosa?

it doesn't look like it has any maxima in it to me. Looks like alata x sanguinea
smile_l_32.gif

It looks like a young maxima/maxima hybrid to me, lol. Boy that's helpful.
The soil looks a little peaty and not very loose. Beyond the temps, ect, I don't know what would get it to explode, but if you have had it for a couple of years, and you make the right tweek, it could have some dramatic changes.

Cheers,

Joe

Too young, i can't really tell. Maxima would be a safe assumption though.

Come on, you guys cant see the sanguinea in that???

lol

I don't think its pure maxima. It looks alot like somthing in the superba hybrid group to me.

Steve

Ries,
Like everyone else, can't say for sure, but it reminds me very much of a clone from that big Belgian tc Nursery. While visiting their facilities here in Florida, I saw a group of plants that look like that growing along side the N. Miranda. They had no labels, but this was just about the time the Miranda came on the market called N. maxima Miranda. I believe it is a sibling of N. Miranda that was in tc for a short time, eventually to be dropped from the line. Someone else posted a photo of one of the larger plants. They have that distictive banana shape to the pitcher with a different peristome from Miranda.
I don't know what name you may want to use...I'm not sure if its the plant I think it may be...most of them should be fairly large by now. Perhaps for the time you could label it "N. Mixta hybrid?"

Trent

Back