What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Lowii

glider14

Always a newbie
Ok so we all know that elgecko grows N. hamata and rajah both on the same windowsil. does anyone know if it is remotely possible for N. lowii to grow in the same? if no one knows i will be the first to try!!
Alex

Not sure but I know fc3s13b (santos) grows N. lowii outside in the LBC. If he can keep it alive like that I would think you could grow it on a windowsil.

Yes but Santos isnt on the forums anymore...i dont know where he went so i cant really ask him any questions.
Alex

He went to the pitcher plant forum. So did Lol and a lot of nep lovers from terraforums.

pitcher-plants.com ...i cant even register there! AOL users have a difficult time getting the link things sent in e-mails.
Alex

Hmm thats a nice site. I'll join up later, dont like the dark theme though.

ive found ephippiata to be more hardy than lowii, course others have found the opposite

Rattler: do you grow both of them? in a terrarium? i have heard ephippata is also slower than "Slowii" haha.
Alex

ive killed lowii. ephippata is growing fine for me.

sounds good. ill get ephippata first then if it grows fine then i move on to lowii!
Alex

Why did they leave? That place doesn't have many posts at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 01 2006,11:07)]Why did they leave? That place doesn't have many posts at all.
At a guess, Santos did not like how people talked about LOL (aka Nathanial) and so he chose to leave. Nathanial was banned for his behavior though for a period he was sneaking back under a number of different names.

We haven't left Terraforums! The discussions there are more suited to Nepenthes growers living in tropical and sub-tropical climates, but not exclusively.

The forum over there is "The Nep forum" A lot of people there only grow Neps. A lot of nep retailers are there too such as Tony Paroubek, Leilana, Ludwig, and Nepenthes-around-the-house.

Hmmm intersting Ill have to maybe check out that forum.. even though I dont have the space to go all out like I would like to!
smile_h_32.gif

There is Michael, who lives in Hawaii and he has a jugle of neps in his backyard! Might as well be Borneo and Malaysia in his backyard!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 01 2006,5:44)]sounds good. ill get ephippata first then if it grows fine then i move on to lowii!
Alex
Good idea! I have both and the Epipheata is an easier, quicker grower than the "Slowii". It's not as much in demand so one can find larger Epipy's than Lowii's..
It's still slow and I've never seen one for sale bigger than like 6" across, but you'll get those gourdy pitchers quicker, that's fer sure!

Back