What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. 'judith finn' cuttings, others for trade

Hello, everyone!  I'm a lurker-first time poster.  I need to take some cuttings of my N. 'Judith Finn' soon, and I wanted to see if anyone was interested in a trade. In the past, I have potted up my cuttings and given them away to friends, but now all my friends already have this one.  
smile_m_32.gif

As most of you know, this is a highland hybrid that grows well under even lowland conditions--mine is in a terrarium, and does nicely.  You can check a pic of the plant (about a year ago) here:  
19415Terrarium12_2003.sized.jpg

I also have cuttings of the following to trade:

Cissus amazonica
Ficus pumila (creeping fig)--normal and curly forms
Pilea sp. (red stem, small leaf)
Fittonia "White Brocade"

I am looking to trade for cuttings/rooted cuttings of:

N. ampullaria
N. bellii (formerly globomorpha, I believe)
N. gracilis
any other small pitchered, lowland-type Nepenthes

Now, thats a gorgeous terrarium!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Whats your setup?

Peter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 11 2005,3:30)]Now, thats a gorgeous terrarium!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
  Whats your setup?

Peter
Thanks!  It is a custom-made terrarium--wood/marine epoxy paint base with 3/8 inch tempered glass sides and sliding glass front.  You can see how I put it together at Building a Terrarium  The lights are 3 x 40 watt Compact Fluorescents.  It also houses a small colony of poison dart frogs (blue--Dendrobates tinctorius 'New River') that are laying eggs in there.

It uses a false bottom with a fountain pump to power the waterfall and keep the humidity up.  I built a cabinet and faced everything with oak to make it acceptable to my wife to keep it in the living room.

Terrarium_Full3.sized.jpg

It's a little overgrown now (much more so than in the pic you see). . . I'm building 2 more 24" cubes out of epoxy-painted 1/4 inch ply and standard plate glass to expand my collection out into better growing conditions.

Holy Maceral! That terrarium is spectacular!

yeah it's awsome!
what is that spikey thing near the top left corner?

nice Ludisia

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 11 2005,8:43)]yeah it's awsome!
what is that spikey thing near the top left corner?
That spikey plant is Tillandsia ionatha. I believe it is a cultivar known as 'Druid.' It blushes red when in bloom, and I have some super tiny seedlings that are now 2+ years old . . . talk about slow growing!

Did you get my PM? I was interested in a possible trade

Well, well, Burl-e! When you come out of the closet, you do it in style!

Very nice terrarium. What a beaut!

You need to stop lurking and start posting.
smile.gif

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I have received 2 PM's, and will be replying now that I am back on a computer.

Back