What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. judith finn (2nd attempt)

Ok, I am going to buy a N. judith finn pretty soon and I want to know how do you know these things. My very first one was about...1 inch diameter, to be honest i am guessing, but it had really small pitchers and it grew really slow...horribly slow. I tried putting ice at nighttime to stiumlate highland conditions and that didn't help it and lowland conditions didn't help either. I grow all my plants outside, if that helps.

If it was only 1" diameter its going to be slow no matter what. All neps are painfully slow when they're young

I would grown it inside for a while, especially if it is that young. You can control the factors inside much better than outside. Growing outside when so young can drastically effect the plants. Judith Finn's grow do well as a window sill plant if I'm not mistaken?

xvart.

This plant is always slow for me, and the pitchers never lasted long, either. But I agree, if it was a baby, it's not going to grow very fast. I've heard people say that warm and wet is the way to go with this plant, although apparently since this plant is I guess cloned a lot, there can be defects.

-Ben

I have grown a N. x 'Judith Finn' from tissue culture since 2000-2001. It grows better for me in intermediate to lowland (warm) conditions, and I cannot understand why. I have to feed it well to see significant growth from pitcher to pitcher. I did grow it outside one summer, but it did not do well for various reasons.

I've found N. x 'Judith Finn' to grow better in a lowland terrarium as well. It didn't grow very well on my windowsill. Even in the terrarium, however, it's a bit temperamental.

Grows like nuts in the basement as an intermediate.

Cheers,

Joe

Back