What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. inermis

Here's just a couple new pics I took of the N. inermis which seems quite contented in it's hanging net pot. The pitchers are begining to flare very nicely now hopefully the mouths on the next ones will be even more exaggerated with even smaller peristomes.

newest pitcher
inermis7.jpg

Whole plant about 20-25 cm in diameter and 30 cm high
inermis8.jpg

Hope you liked it!
smile.gif

Hope you don't mind, but I have a pic I wanted to share, too.
I just got mine, so it's quite a bit smaller, and less mature than yours.

P1010203.sized.jpg

I would say yours is not too far off from uppers Josh. My big plant has 2 uppers open now and isn't much larger.. although it is beginning to dwarf my N. hamata for vining ability!

This was the first to open and it just opened another. It seemed to go from pitchers like yours to like this just like that with nothing inbetween.
Tony

Ninermis_upper.jpg

I love that, very cool! Mine is getting there, starting to very slightly increase internode length! Nice plant!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Excellent pitcher picture Tony!

I'm quite anxious to see some real uppers on mine, the tendrils on the leaves above this one on the plant photo are oriented differently, slightly longer tendrils and has a larger flare at the top so I hope you're right!

Very nice, your pitchers are getting the characteristic flat and thin bottom on them. Tonys plant in person is very nice and viney! It's almost as bad as N. tobiaca!
laugh.gif

BTW, your N. rajah has become huge....magnificent! Those leaves must be 2 hands wide!

Wow! All of your plants are awesome. Gah! I wish I could raise some more highland nepenthes... Hopefully I can get a growing area set up in my basement soon.

Thanks!

Yup the N. rajah is getting nice sized (60 cm diameter/10 cm pitchers) and amazingly fast I must say considering it's rumored to be a slow growing species. It must depend upon clones because my  N. rajah clones from Wistuba (A & B) never grew in the two years I had them and both finaly died this winter. The rajah I got from Tony two years ago at 5 cm diameter has already paid for itself over and over by making many large vigorous basal shoots that I have established and sold on Ebay. I remember Tony said mine was supposed to be seed grown (probably from Borneo Exotics then) so maybe that's what makes the growth rate difference.

I am in need of building a new chamber to house my highland collection in cos things are getting real over grown in this one and accessing the plants is getting difficult! Many plants look like they have basal shoots in photos but they are actually small potted Neps in their own pots set on the soil surface of the large Nep pots... double decker cultivation! My N. fusca developed a basal shoot which I didn't notice until it was 15 cm in diameter because the pot had many other pots over it and i couldn't see the soil surface!  
biggrin.gif

Back