What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. inermis X bongso

Best wishes, for a happy (and sane!) Christmas Eve. It is a pleasure getting to know you all.
inermis-bongso0205-1.jpg

Paul, when my inermis x bongso decides to pitcher, for the first time ever, in the coming weeks, I'll definitely send you a corresponding "season's greetings" photo. Though I have to say, inermis x bongso has given me a lot of guff as its owner: never pitchers and sensitive to light, yet grows vigorously.. it's very trying on my sanity. Yours, however, looks great.

@mato: I suspect this is a "fussy" hybrid, since I have had mine for 6 months and this is the first pitcher it has made for me. (It had a small pitcher when I got it) I would not use a term like "vigorous" to describe it at all; it has barely made any leaves, let alone pitchers. I hope it picks up a bit as it ages, because its been disappointing (until today!).

See, mine on the other hand readily makes new leaves (although, compared to some of my other plants, "vigorous" is a rather hyperbolic statement), but I will say it took damn near 6 months for it to start churning them out. I think the real issue of this plant is its sensitivity to heat and acclimatization. It sounds like you and I got our plants at the same time (and I have a feeling the same place), so we should definitely compare notes on its progress.

Yeah, mine came from a nursery in Eagle Creek. ;-)

By the way, this is how the pitchers of this cultivar color up with age:

inermis-bongso_4399.jpg

Merry Christmas!

My Inermis x Bongso sat there for a couple of months doing nothing and has finally started to grow :) Here's a picture of the newest pitcher on mine, the peristome has gotten cool and angular, almost looks like a non-toothy macrophylla.. Merry Christmas to you too!

IMG_2982.jpg

Back