What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Glabarata

ditto! iv always wanted a glabrata....then i found it with wistuba and saw the price(80eros back then!!) and so i lost intrest.
Alex

It's a lovely little species IMO, definitely a miniature. The current relatively high price is related to it's scarcity vs. demand and not to it's difficulty to cultivate, as it seems quite easy.

Supply of N. hamata will ease up eventually. For our part, we had to discontinue our original two clones due to license reasons and obtained another two clone in-vitro from elsewhere, both of which which promptly contaminated after the journey. This caused a big gap in production which is just improving now as it took us about 2 years to get those clones cleaned up. Of course, we're not the only suppliers. The hairy N. hamata will be available from TC clones as from about mid 2007.

Nothing happens quickly with Neps does it?
sad.gif
Guess that's a small part of the fun.

Alex, may I ask where you got the photo for your avatar from?

Looks like one of your habitat shots Rob!

Rob, could you elaborate on the license problem with N. hamata? You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks

Back