What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. g....

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
Ngymniflora.jpg

I'm not sure what the sign says. If someone could tell me it would be great. This is in the highland house of ABG.

A bigger more detailed picture would help identifying. I think it looks like N. xiphioides.

Joachim

Ehehe N. gymnamphora according to me...the same as N. xiphioides I think...

It is gymnamphoria. I saw the plant yesterday.

Ahh thanks Travis. Sorry everyone thats as good as the camera gets (well the one I had anyway).

It is N.gymnamphora.
this variety seems to create tiny ground rosettes a la N.ampullaria.

there was a highland house? i went years ago and i found the lowland area that lead from the rainforest area into the desert area..

Yes Clint there is a highland house. Relativly new (2001 I think) part of the Fuqua Orchid Center construction. It has a whole corner devoted to highland Neps and another area for tepui plants that has beautiful Helies

H. minor only if I am not mistaken alon with Brochinna

There are other Helies up there. The minor clone is up front being that it is not so rare. I know there are nutans and I think there is a neblina and an ionasii in there as well, further up in the back, where you can not reach easily if you are dumb enough to think you can steal them.

Oh yes tatei var. neblina I remember that one. I think the ionasii and nutans might be new since last summer or they were just not labelled then.

Back