What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. fusca

schloaty

Staff member
Hi everyone!
Quick question for the more experienced neppers here....Is N. fusca known for making basal shoots? I ask because mine is making one, and I'm really surprised. I thought this plant was a bit young for such activity. Ah, babies having babies
tounge.gif

Seriously, though, it's MAYBE one year old, and about 4" or 5" in diameter....Is this unusual?

I maybe wrong, but if it's of tc origin, that is not so far fetched, is it? How do those giant Mirandas get so many growing points and basals and such? I thought it was a side effect of being a tc plant.
Course, if you have a seedling, never mind.
tounge.gif

Regards,

Joe

Hey Joe,
Don't know if it's TC or seed... Good point, though. I'll see if I can find out.

Schloaty, my 'Sarawak' has made two basal shoots that are growing very rapidly.  The shoots are making pitcher 1/2 the size of the one the mother is making and they have only been growing two to three months. Is yours also a 'Sarawak' (sp)?

Hey Rose,
I don't think mine is a 'Sarawak.' I think it's just a N. fusca.

Well then, prephaps when the basals are large enough we may have something to talk about
wink.gif

Ha! I just KNEW someone would say that, Rose! Lol. We'll just have to see, then, won't we....Wonder what sort of arrangements could be made
rock.gif

Hi,

my N. fusca from Tambunan Road started to produce a basal offshot only being about 10 cm in height. Although I don't know if this is normal for N. fusca.

Cheers Joachim

Back