What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. campanulata

Hi all:

I wanted to share this photo with you. I grew this campanulata from a basal shoot almost a year ago and it is doing well. I know it is a lowland if we discuss where this plant is found, but since so far i refuse to build a lowland tank, this plant has been growing as an intermediate/highland and it is doing pretty well.

campanulata2.jpg

Gus

Gus,
Yeah, I agree. I grow my campys outdoors and they do fine. They have gotten into the low 40's and survive. They do get more stressed than true highlanders outdoors, but come back in spring and summer.
Joel

wow congrates! my campanulatas will not tolerate anything but lowland (true) when I had then in a small terrarium as inter. they seemed to suffer. when I placed them in my large lowland chamber they improved within a few weeks... Must be use to it since you grew it from a basal!!!

well awesome and good luck
biggrin.gif

My camp has been exposed to true lowland conditions, and also intermediate-lowland conditions. Grew like a champ in both setups. I have not tried true highland, but I would be wary to do so for a long haul. Maybe as a temperary arrangement (like cleaning out the lowland tank, which could take a week, lol), but not for too long.

Back